Saturday, December 1, 2007

Shawl plans

I'm not going to tell you all about may planning of the Sea Silk shawl, but here are at least my conclusions.
  • one skein will have to be enough at this prize
  • make it as large as possible
  • triangular rather than rectangular
  • have some solid parts to show of the yarn
  • the colour isn't right for leaves etc. in the pattern
  • geometrical but not boring
  • easy to memorize and not too slow
And here is the pattern sample (in baby acrylic):

















The pattern was found here . The original is rectangular and I spent all of last night making it triangular. I got stuck trying to work from side to side, but that didn't work at all. When the children were in bed my brain started working again and the pattern worked out just perfect from the point and up with only minor modifications. The edges will not look quite like this, but that is easier to fix. Teddy Brown was a good model, but he then passed the shawl on to Barbie who is using it as a turban at the moment. Now I'm ready for SILK!

No comments: