Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A happy knitter

I have never been this quick to start knitting a sweater! I just knew I had to make Unwrapped, and since my LYS owner went away on a long vacation the day I wrote my last post I rushed there to get yarn, and kept them 5 min passed closing… Anyway I’m using Garnstudio Lin in 100% linen and I got 10 balls at 120m to be on the safe side for a size 46. I've been busy working on a present that needs to be finished next week, but today my daughter was ill and I could stay home from work and finish the top down raglan yoke.
















The yarn is soft and easy to work with, considering it is linen. It will be great to wear. I don't make much clothes, but this is quick and fun as well as technical and timeless. Today I saw a preview of the next Knotions raglan pattern, and I think it will be next on my list.

The next picture is what I got in my two birthday presents this morning. The yarn is a bag my father picked up at a charity auction and it is mostly Garnstudio Paris. It was accompanied by an invitation to a boat trip to a nice restaurant on an island that I really like, Ulvön off the High Coast a couple of hours drive north of here. The yarn found a home in the bowl my husband got for me. It is Swedish Grace by Rörstrand and the pattern is supposed to be wheat, but I think you can all see why it is my favourite porcelain design.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing to be found about the Eingirni booklet on Ístex's homepage yet! But there is on the homepage of the handknitting association of Iceland, http://www.handknit.is (under knews: Prjónakaffi í mars, but only in Icelandic).

houndtooth said...

I love the bowl. I have a few pieces in blue and white that my mother bought in the 60s. My pattern is slightly different than yours but very similar and, being a knitter I of course think it looks just like knitting. So elegant.