Friday, July 13, 2007

One skein

A few weeks ago I went to buy some needles at Garnkorgen and came home with one skein of Fleece Artist merino in Seashore. It´s like golden sand and mother-of-pearl and so soft. I couldn´t keep my hands of it for more than a day and made a little vest for my 5-y-o daughter. It's based on a model in Elsebeth Lavold:Stickat med I-snoddar. I changed the edges and made moss stitch with i-cord bind of. An extra short row along the front made that part of the edge wide enough for some mother-of-pearl buttons. On the back there is a moss stitch heart from an old Sandnes baby pattern that I made for her when she was a baby. It warmed her heart so much that she mostly wears it backwards to get the heart shape over her heart.

















The only problem was that I never seemed to run out of yarn. So my sister-in-law will get these wrist warmers as a late birthday present this weekend. And there is still a little bit left... The pattern is in Birgitta Adolfsson: Pulsvärmare.



1 comment:

Dödergök said...

Vilka snygga pulsvärmare, underbart garn!