Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Starting with a ba(n)g

Grand opening!
This is a blog about knitting, focused on techniques and traditions. I am Swedish/Icelandic with a strong interest in history. At the same time I love problem solving and discovering new solutions (but they are often old, just new to me). I have been using internet for knitting adventures since 2001. Sometimes I have taken part in discussions, sometimes just looked for inspiration. Now I have a working camera, and it is about time I started blogging!

First item: my first knitted bag!
A favourite among my knitting friends is this bag called Mettes kaffetaske from bendixgarn.dk. I listened to their comments and made it 30% bigger, using almost 190g of Kauni from Garnkorgen and needles 5.5mm. I also felted it hard, first in 40, then in 60 degrees C. The measurements before were 35cm across the bottom and 47cm from bottom to under the handle, after felting it is 25x27cm.
I also sewed the handle down well using the same yarn. I love it, and it´s coming with me to Wayne´s Coffee in Sundsvall for our knitting café tonight. It needs a lining too, but that will have to wait.















No comments: