Friday, September 28, 2007

My favourite yarn















After revealing my favourite designer and inspiration, it's time for my favourite yarn. It is Visjö by Östergötlands ullspinneri. There are many reasons for this:
  • 100% swedish wool
  • family business run in a small barn in the middle of nowhere, with sheep around the corner
  • made on a real Spinning Jenny machine
  • soft enough for children
  • knits at gauges between 23-30 sts/10 cm
  • great for multicoloured knits
  • available in many solid colours
  • several variegated colourways, three of which are shown in my picture
I hope they can carry on for many years to come. Meanwhile I delight in their super soft Pälsull, that is so thin that my shawl never gets finished, but I hope it will be done before Christmas. I was too clever and bought it in blue, which I never wear, so I would have to give it away. If that makes me too sad, I have a skein in red as well. I won't take a picture of it until it is done, that way I might get to the end of it soon.

No comments: