Friday, January 4, 2008

Pink Alpaca

Sometimes the timing isn't right, like last winter when I made this hat for my daughter. She had a serious case of summer-dressing-in-the-winter, and didn't like putting things on her head. It remained in the pile of things to finish until this Christmas and hopefully it will get a chance this season.














The model is "Romantic hat" from Med stickor och fantasi by Lisbeth Björndal. The original is for an adult and more like a beret, but I changed the size and proportions. The material is 40g of Garnstudio Alpaca knit on straight 2.5mm needles and sewn together at the back. I like the change in direction with a knitted lace as a starting point and then picking up the stitches for the top along the lace. The yarn is delicious, and best of all I have more than two balls left, because making the girl wear a scarf as well as I first planned will take a few more years.

No comments: