Monday, October 1, 2007

Challenge

I've been challenged, and asked to give out some personal information. Thanks Cina now I´ll probably think about your underwear every time I see you... Fun though that we started our cross stitch careers in the same way. Since I promised myself to write this blog in English and stick to knitting, I will translate the text and try to get the knitting in there whenever I can. Being a new blogger, I don't know who to challenge and I'm not too found of chain letters... so I'll stick to answering. Here we go.

1. I met my husband on the net in1999. Since we lived close to each other and turned out to have a lot in common we soon met IRL.

2. Next benefit of computers: when we moved in together and I was at home with our first child in 2001 I found his computer very useful and spent my days knitting and surfing.

3. Special talent: I'm ambidextrous. This means I can do things with both hands, like knit "backwards". Very useful.

4. I speak English, Swedish, French and Icelandic and I get by in Danish and Norwegian and I have tried out German, Latin, Russian and Faroese. If you need help with a translation, let me know.

5. For nine years I took lessons in classical piano, then I abandoned the piano and started playing folk music on the violin. After 20 years I'm thinking of trying to improve my violin technique, since I hardly have any.

6. I'm the only person I know who has lost lots of kilos by getting pregnant. About five of them have stayed off.

7. I learned to knit at five, and for the first five years I knitted the same green ball of acrylic over and over again. Then I started to learn more knitting in school and at 13 I made my first sweater. In the same acrylic, but another shade of green.

8. My knitting dream is to be a master of traditional patterns, and I'm slowly working my way through the styles of northern Europe. Next in line is the bold patterns from Delsbo in central Sweden. I have promised my mother-in-law a cardigan in silke tweed by Garnstudio. Just have to get a few other things finished first...

1 comment:

Cina said...

*S* Tänk om alla kunde gå ner i vikt av att vara gravid....
Och tack för senast! Ni är hjärtligt välkomna igen! :)