Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lots and lots of hats

This week I've been working on my Christmas presents. This hat is for my brother G., and since he chose the colour and style I might as well show it. The yarn is Visjö and the needles are 2,5 and 3mm. I usually hate using 40cm circulars, but most of my double pins were otherwise engaged, so I had to, and my hands only ached for the first couple of days. Right now I'm making a sleeve on 40cm circs and it hardly hurts at all... Modelling the hat is my son, who turned 3yo last week. His head measures 54,5cm, but this is really one size fits all. It looks good on my 59cm head too.















The pattern can be found in Gro Sandvik, Strikk tilbehör. I seem to turn to this book whenever I need a pattern for basic accessories. I've made this model before in redish handdyed yarn. I also made the version without the cables for MrP. last winter. The yarn I used then was Kauni, but he insisted on blue and it really didn't have much contrast. The scarf took forever to change colour, not quite what I had planned when I had seen this model knit in rainbow colours. The scarf pattern is so much fun and can be found at Barbro's knitting.
















Finally the rest of my hat archive. As I've mentioned before I collected some of my knits for an small exhibition this summer, and since I'm new to digital photos, and therefore blogging, I took some pictures of old stuff to get me started. This is the last of those pictures, so from now on I have to knit new stuff if I'm going to blog.















The twins at the top are designed by Katarina Brieditis for Östergötlands Ullspinneri, and they sell them as kits. The bees are knit at the same time as the hat and really clever. The kids love them as well. Bottom left is my own design(!). MrP. wanted something to keep him warm under his bicycle helmet, so it had to be thin and have ear flaps. The edge is crocheted backwards and the pattern is Fair Isle. The yarn is Heilo by Dale, leftovers from his Norwegian sweater. Finally to the right is a design from Anita Gunnars, Vantar, mössor, sockar och sjalar. This is the hat I mentioned before that is made of the sample skeins form Virtual Yarns. It's very warm and super soft, and I have a soft spot for tweedy colours.

No comments: