Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Style guide




















Two years ago I made a Moebius shawl in Estonian variegated wool. When I was done I didn't have anything to wear it with. As a dedicated knitter I went out on a search for a coat to match my knitting, and found a wool coat in just the right colour. Another important criteria when buying clothes these days is no velcro. Unfortunately this is very hard when it comes to jackets and overalls for the children. Another problem is when you give knits away. Do the recipients understand these rules?

3 comments:

Andrew Brown said...

Why no velcro?
(Serious question)

Mrs Petersson said...

Velcro hooks on to the knitted fabric and pulls the threads out. That's why.

Ragga said...

I loooove your Möbius. You´re not that green. I actually knitted a Möbius in green... see my blog. They are lovely... although an abundant bosom can be somewhat of a hinder for it sitting snugly round the shoulders.